Return to Index  

This is a very charged topic (child mentioned)

May 29 2012 at 9:28 PM
Bethlyn  (Login Bethlyn)

Response to Thoughts on telling a child they were conceived via DE?

Some of us have very strong opinions about this topic and it comes up often on this board and the pink board http://www.network54.com/Forum/247611/. Please take each response as an opinion (not gospel) and just as each of us has to make decisions about what is best for our family and children, each of us is entitled to make our own decision about what and how we share information with our children about their conception and their origins.

Since the decision about telling your child does not need to made today, I suggest you look at each response and ponder it, and then ponder it again and again, since you will have plenty of time to make a final decision. And you may decide one thing and then change your mind after your child is here. The tell camp makes some good arguments, but then again, each family has to to what they feel is right and often there are compelling reasons NOT to tell a child of their DE origins.

My DH feels the same way as yours does... and initially I felt as you do. OUr son is now 4 1/2 and we have not said anything to him about DE, and I'm not sure I want to. I feel quite differently now that he is here and is a real person and not just a fantasy. So, I am still unsure of what and how I will tell him, it doesn't feel right to me to tell him now, yet I feel he has the right to know, it's VERY confusing.

So, there it is, just my opinion.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Bethlyn, - sugar on May 30, 2012
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement