I haven't told (child mentioned in detail)May 30 2012 at 12:51 AM
|thesameboat (no login)|
Response to Thoughts on telling a child they were conceived via DE?
For a variety of reasons. DE is illegal where I live and NO ONE here tells. No one.
I am a US citizen and live abroad. Our government has stupidly decided not to give citizenship to DE kids born abroad unless the DONOR is American. So many people are strange about IVF at all at the moment, because embryos are not always all used.
I just figure it's my business. I am my child's mother. Her only one. No one in my family knows.
Someday, I will have to tell her. I never wrote about this here before, but there was a mix-up at the clinic where we conceived her. Our NUMBER 1 priority was blood type. On the paperwork we received, the donor's blood type was the same as mine. DD's isn't. It isn't possible for my DH and me to have a genetic child with her blood type. So we have to tell. (We have confirmed with the clinic that she came from our donor. The donor's blood type on all other paperwork there is her actual blood type. We have no idea why this donor was ever even suggested to us. But we're glad we have THIS child. When my husband found out, he smiled down at our daughter and said, 'It's even more of a miracle that she found us, her real parents.')
At the moment, she knows I traveled around the world to find a doctor who could help me. She knows her dad and I used to cry a lot, hoping for her to come and grow in my belly. And that when she finally did, we were happy.
Good luck with your decision.
- i read about that - Dee on May 30, 2012
- Hi, TSB, be sure you're getting the right info . . . - Maggie in VA on May 30, 2012
- That is amazing - makes me think of the song "The Keeper of the Stars" - BlessedThistle on May 30, 2012
- Thank you. nt - thesameboat on May 30, 2012
- What your DH said is sooo sweet.... - Raindrops1 on May 30, 2012
- Thanks Dee & thesameboat - sugar on May 30, 2012
- it is possible for mutation to account for any blood type in a child - Chi-town Chick on Jun 13, 2012