Return to Index  

Barge re Boston clinics

May 30 2012 at 9:40 PM
Molly  (no login)

Response to for violet-ccrm

Hello,
I sm also in Boston and have done 4 ivf cycles, two at mgh and 2 at the brigham. While hese were OEivfs, bases on my experience, don't waste your time with mgh. While BWH hasn't given me success, i think they are worth a consult. I've seen Hornstein and Ashby is great, too.

BWH doesn't really believe in the immune stuff. I asked to be tested and doc said not necessary b/c they wouldn't treat me any differentlly.

Now, that said... After 5 yrs of ttc, i am now 42 and had 2 spontaneous pregnancies and 2 early losses (1 chem, 1 loss at 7.5 weeks after heartbeatt) and both were in past 6 months. I wonder whether there is something going on ... Crappy eggs or is my body creating the righte environment? While preganancies were spontaneous, the brigham fertility practice monitored me, but felt that ano need to test progesterone or estrogen because that's irrelevant (according to them) with spontaneous pregnancy. Yet, with last pregancy (chem .. Second beta went down ...) i asked person taking blood to please test estrogen and progesterone too. Numbers were terrible. Estrogen was TEN (amazingly low) and progesterone was 5.3 (yes that's a decimal point between the numbers) and that was after 4 days of self medicating with crinone. Althaough i was only 4.5 weeks at the time those numbers were terrible. Again, makes me wonder whether i should be monitored during a typical menstral cycle ... If i have the fortune to get preganant again, do i need estrogen and progesterone support? I bring this up beccau the brigham is kinda old school and i think they now think i am nuts for suggesting this.

With all of that ian mind, i too am exploring DE. Like you, i dont have the luxury of time, or endless funds (or the emotional energy) for endless cycles and failures. We have been paying ouag of pocket for awhile now. So, i ponder do i stay in boston and do DE at the brigham, do i look at a guarantee plan at someplace like shady grove, or is there someplace else? CCRM? As far as i can tell, when you add up donor, agency, meds, cycle, etc, at the brigham, DE will cost aout $43k. Is that what you are finding elsewhere?

I am startring to ramble so i apologize. Just seems like we are all pondering the same things here in beantown. I would give hornstein a call if for no other reason to get another opinion. He is a straight shooter in a non-condescending, realistic but supportive stiil. He isnt the type to give you a hug but he is a good man and a capable doctor. I hope you know what i mean.

Best wishes,
M

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. M/c mentioned above - Molly on May 30, 2012
  3. Molly - Violet on May 31, 2012
    1. Barge to Violet (pg ment) - Anonymous on May 31, 2012
      1. Hi Thanks... - Violet on Jun 1, 2012
        1. Re: Hi Thanks... - Anonymous on Jun 2, 2012
          1. Thanks. It seems like CCRM - Violet on Jun 4, 2012

Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement