Return to Index  

Sooo....we chose one!

May 31 2012 at 9:48 PM
  (Login KinVA)

Thanks very much for all of the thoughts last night on choosing a donor. After several hours of soul searching, talking it through with my husband....and ultimately, a call to my mother....we chose the donor I posted about last night. Thanks also for the advice on the significance of blood type. Hers is A+. As I said, I have absolutely no idea what my blood type is - but I assume after the hundreds of blood draws my clinic has done on me over the last 8 years, someone there ought to be able to tell me. I selected her through the database at about 1am last night. We are using a shared donor program through our clinic - 1 donor to 3 recipient couples. When I selected her last night, 2 recipients were still needed. I got an email from my clinic at 9:45am this morning saying that the match was already complete - meaning that another couple had also selected her last night or possibly this morning. We were this close to missing out on her (this time around at least), so I'm glad I was able to reach a point last night when I felt certain about the decision.
I got butterflies when I read the confirmation email this morning, since it stated that we should expect to complete the treatment cycle within the next 6-10 weeks. Wow. We couldn't be more excited!! I assume that this protocol will be similar to that which we followed in previous FETs with my own eggs, though I'm not certain. I'm looking forward to finding out the details when I talk to my nurse next week. I can't say I'm looking forward to the PIO shots....but, as I've told myself on countless previous cycles - it will all be worth it in the end......someday. We are so very hopeful that this will finally be our successful cycle. I'm trying REALLY hard to remind myself that DE is just another treatment option, not a guarantee of success - but the increased favorable odds (over using my own crappy eggs) make it difficult not to be full of hope. Dangerous, I realize. Sigh.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Congrats on your selection! (child ment) - Julie on May 31
  3. Great! - Raindrops1 on Jun 1
  5. yaay! - thesameboat on Jun 1
  7. Sounds like you made a good choice! - BlessedThistle on Jun 1
  9. Good for you! - Bethlyn on Jun 1
  11. Congratulations - Antonialisa on Jun 3
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement