Return to Index  

unscientific surveys

May 31 2012 at 9:48 PM
Julie  (Login JuJules)

Response to Yes I understand Ariadne's and Piper's points. Sorry.

I have found that on this subject each side often feels like they are in the minority. I have been posting here for about 3 years and for at least half that time I felt like the minority (FWIW I am tell). I decided to conduct some unscientific surveys about this each time there was a thread (either here or on the pink board where there is often more discussion about it). I would count the number of "tell" posters vs. the number of "no tell" posters. Each time I did it, it turns out it was about even. I did that since I often felt like I was under attack -- I am going to be honest here and admit to the one phrase that used to bug me -- it was "You can't untell." I think it used to set me off since I did not want to untell and I felt like I was being judged for being so "rash" as to tell my whole family and all of my close friends -- DH and I are pretty open about it. Anyway, one time when I was getting all huffy about it to myself I thought I would "prove" that the "no tells" were the ones who outnumbered us poor "tells". Well, it turns out I was wrong. I do think we are fairly evenly split -- which I think is one of the reasons it is such a charged subject.

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement