Return to Index  

totally fine

June 2 2012 at 1:05 PM
green.elephant  (Login green.elephant)

Response to Flying in early pregnacy?

I'm 12.5 weeks and I'm 3000 miles from home via several flights. My OB said there's nothing inherently bad about air travel this early in a pregnancy - he just advised me to stay hydrated and walk around on longer flights. Unfortunately, if something goes wrong this early in a pregnancy there's not much that can be done - whether you are home or traveling. On the other hand, I had some early bleeding (SCH) and it was nice to be home to run into my dr.'s office for an ultrasound and reassurance. Due to the SCH I'm just not supposed to lift anything heavy, which is fine because my husband is traveling with me and he's my "mule" - enjoy your trip!

PS - I totally relate to re-educating yourself about all the pregnancy stuff - same here - when I finally got pregnant I had to dig out the pregnancy books I got a couple years ago... they were under the fertility boosting books, which were buried by infertility books... happy.gif

Good luck with your beta!

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Thanks for the insights! - Hopeful in delaware on Jun 3, 2012
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement