Return to Index  

Welcome, Lisa! (OE, previous PG, m/c mentioned)

June 7 2012 at 11:33 AM
Zoya  (Login Zoya2)

Response to Newbie to all of this!

We're cycle buddies! I'm also going through Lupron shots right now, just started Delestrogen a couple of days ago.

DH and I have a daughter (OE) who is 7. We actually were fine with one for a long time - DD is an absolute doll but was bit tough as an infant and toddler (didn't sleep through the night, is / was a very active and intense kid). We felt that we could do a good job parenting one, but weren't so sure about more than one.

Fast forward to the easier years of early elementary school, and we decided to have another. I got pregnant 4 times (one IVF) and miscarried them all. We had one embryo tested and discovered it was a rare trisomy.

I can't tell from your post if you have concerns about moving to DE quickly and bypassing efforts with your own egg. I'll tell you how I came to my decision. After m/c # 4 my local RE recommended we do an IVF cycle with PGD or CGH, but I was just sick of the whole thing. I had spent several months after miscarriage # 2 (during which time I went through m/cs 3 and 4) thinking about how far I would go with ART. During that time I thought a lot about DE and decided it might be a good option for us. Once the 4th miscarriage happened - when no heartbeat was detected at 7 week visit - I left my RE's office thinking, "That is IT. Moving on to DE!"

I wavered a bit initially, feeling guilty about perhaps giving up on my own eggs too soon. After a couple of weeks of reflection (and lurking on this board!) and remembering the absolute nightmare that 4 miscarriages has been, I realized that having the option of DE is such a blessing.

I'm excited but truthfully a bit nervous too happy.gif I'm worried about having to process all kinds of emotions if - cross fingers - I do get pregnant. I'm sure I'll have to process a lot if I don't get pregnant, but that's the processing I've gotten used to over the past couple of years sad.gif What if we actually succeed? It's exciting but also a new frontier, as failure has loomed large for so long.

Right now, I'm just trying to stay busy and take each day, each shot, one at a time.

I very much hope this is your cycle to succeed! Best of luck happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re: Welcome, Lisa! (OE, previous PG, m/c mentioned) - Lisa on Jun 7, 2012
    1. It's a good question - Zoya on Jun 7, 2012
      1. Re: It's a good question - Lisa on Jun 7, 2012
    2. A little late jumping in here... (pg, mc ment) - Leigh on Jun 7, 2012
      1. Re: A little late jumping in here... (pg, mc ment) - Lisa on Jun 7, 2012
        1. Sure.. - Leigh on Jun 7, 2012
        2. thoughts (preg. mentioned) - green.elephant on Jun 10, 2012
          1. Barging - I love this post - Zoya on Jun 10, 2012

Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement