Return to Index  

A little late jumping in here... (pg, mc ment)

June 7 2012 at 5:48 PM
Leigh  (Login leigh74)

Response to Re: Welcome, Lisa! (OE, previous PG, m/c mentioned)

..but I wanted to say welcome and good luck!! My situation is very similar to yours - second marriage, no previous kids or pregnancies from first marriage, etc.. I had one natural pregnancy after I married my DH and miscarried at 8 weeks. Subsequent to that, we ran some tests and discovered that my FSH was over 150 and my AMH was virtually undetectable. Ultrasound showed ZERO resting follicles. Who knows how I ever got pregnant in the first place, but it clearly wasn't meant to be!

Obviously, we jumped straight to DE, even though insurance never covered a dime. It's quite a process, isn't it?! Miraculous in so many ways, but also very stressful! We used a family member for our donor and she was unproven in every way, but she produced 7 perfectly graded embryos for us. We transferred 2 of those embryos on March 28th and I'm currently 13 weeks pregnant with a singleton (we lost the twin several weeks ago, unfortunately). We've had a lot of hurdles during the first trimester, but hopefully those are behind us and we can finally relax and enjoy the pregnancy!

So, all of this is to say that it CAN work on your first cycle, but don't give up if it doesn't! Best of luck to you and keep us updated on your progress.. Can't wait to follow your story. happy.gif
Leigh

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re: A little late jumping in here... (pg, mc ment) - Lisa on Jun 7
    1. Sure.. - Leigh on Jun 7
    2. thoughts (preg. mentioned) - green.elephant on Jun 10
      1. Barging - I love this post - Zoya on Jun 10

Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement