Return to Index  

Question about consent / embryo destruction

June 12 2012 at 9:34 PM
Antonialisa  (no login)

My DH and I are at the stage of filling in forms, signing consents, etc. We've come a long way...

I wondered if any of you amazing ladies had thoughts on the following question: I'm signing a consent form saying that I agree that they will destroy and NOT cryropreserve eggs that are of insufficient quality. They define insufficient quality as (among other things) "1) embryo stopped developing; 2) embryo has high fragmentation; and 3) blastocysts have low numbers of cells or very little expansion." I'd prefer to strike out 2 and 3 of this definition. Basically, I'd like to get them to freeze anything that is still alive and kicking, if not as perfect looking. I know that Dr. Ch.eck did an experiment of single embryo transfers that showed that fragmented embryos were far more viable than expected. I know beautiful babies come from not-beautiful embryos. I want to freeze as many embryos as possible.

What do you think? Has anybody tried to amend these pre-printed consents before? Am I just asking for trouble?

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Humm - THK on Jun 12
  3. I asked the embryologist to freeze all . . . - Maggie in VA on Jun 13
  5. Hi Antonialisa I was wondering (OE IVF ment) - Zoya on Jun 13
  7. you are smart to think of this - smrc on Jun 13
  9. thanks, ladies - Antonialisa on Jun 14
  11. Re: Question about consent / embryo destruction - Dee on Jun 15
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement