Return to Index  

Our first FET was $700. and our second had jumped to a whopping...m

June 13 2012 at 11:13 PM
Hope2009  (Login Hope2009)

Response to Survey - Is $3375 fair for a FET? What did yall pay?

$900 two years later. This included thawing out the embryos and the transfer...plus my Dr. even does acupuncture after the transfer. We did have to travel to our clinic however which added probably $1000 dollars for travel and accomodations. All my meds, thank heaven were covered by my insurance (good thing as I was on heparin and fragmin for 20 weeks, which are both quitge expensive) and all the pre transfer tests were covered by our provincial medical plan. We figure that we spent a total of $25,000 for our DE Ivf...and our 2 subsequent FETS... three cycles in all...our fresh cycle was a chemical and our two FET's brought our three little ones.

We feel really fortunate as I know others who had spent a small fortune before they had even moved to DE's...and then they spent another fortune to finally have their family via DE's. I wish there was some regulation with regards to DE Ivf'S...AND FETS...the costs seem to be all over the board but I guess that is totally dependent on the country where you cycle and what your insurance looks like.

I would say that $3375 is fair for a FET though...in my books...any amount that gives you a chance to have a baby is fair and that is where this free enterprise of fertility treatments gets us....b/c it's so emotional...I mean how do you put a price on having a baby....plus I'm a BIG believer in FET's working.

Blessings from Hope

Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement