Return to Index  

I did not...(success, m/c, child ment)

June 18 2012 at 5:27 PM
Piper  (no login)

Response to Would anyone feel like a gestational carrier instead of a mother?

But I can certainly understand your feelings.

The only time I was pregnant with OE was before we had really started to try to have a baby. I was nervous and scared but excited that the "decision" to "try" had been made for us. Unfortunately, the pregnancy ended in a m/c at 14 weeks. The big surprise came when we tried to get pregnant again right away and found out how difficult it would be.

Three years and many failed IVF cycles later,we moved on to using IVF with DE. When I finally accepted that we were not going to be able to have a child with my eggs, I was devastated. Literally heartbroken and thought the grieving would never end. It took the better part of a year to fully accept the reality and even then, I was nervous about using DE.

I was one of the lucky ones who found success on the first try and first cycle with DE. I was terrified the entire pregnancy that something would go wrong but I had a healthy baby who is the most wonderful child I could have ever imagined.

You will find a lot of support and empathy on this board. I am sorry for your infertility that has brought you here but glad that you found this safe place to ask questions.

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement