I completely understand where you are coming from. We will have to compare notes as we cycle. I have chosen my donor, and she becomes available to do all of her testing July 1. We are sending our gigantic wire transfer to seal the deal this week. I just had all of our paperwork notarized at the embassy (part of the drag of being overseas), and they actually charged me $50 per signature for all of the consent forms. I also had to find an American who was free in the middle of the afternoon on a Friday to go wait with us and sign all of the forms too. It was like going to the DMV, took about 2 hours to get done.
Part of my nervousness is we have chosen our donor, and we are trying to push our cycle back two weeks. Back in February we bought $6000 worth of tickets for my sister and her family to come visit us here, and now if we don't time it right, our cycle will hit while my sister is here in Singapore!!! She can't travel at any other time, and I miss her!!! So the clinic has this policy that they can't reserve a donor, but there will be about two weeks where she is available and someone else can snatch her away from us. I might go crazy during those two weeks!
Let's definitely keep in touch. We can be cycle buddies. Good luck with yours!