Return to Index  

Good but given CNY's stats- I would want more eggs

June 26 2012 at 3:16 PM
DeeinNYC  (no login)

Response to Barge, but relevant to OP, what do others think of CNY's new price structure (kids ment)

The bottom line is that CNY's stats are not great. Their stats for 2010 on SART are-Fresh DE cycles, 40.8% and FET's 16.4%. I would not trust them to do frozen donor egg cycles frankly when their FET stats are so terrible. Freezing eggs is much more delicate and then the thawing and possible re-freezing..no...I would take a wait and see attitude. A new lab is great, but you need people working inside of those labs that know what they are doing. That they have FET stats this low even with vitrification is very strange IMHO and I have heard all of the xcuses as to why. Five to seven eggs and no guarantee that you will even have a transfer or a high quality embryo or blast is not so great. Previously, for $6,000 plus 1/2 meds at CNY you would get a split...half of a donors eggs. Oftentimes many more than 5-7. New Hope has much better stats and sells 6 eggs for $10,000 and at least guarantees the transfer of one blast. RBA only gives you 4-8 eggs, usually 6 for $16,5000, but at least you get a guarantee of the transfer of two high quality embryos. Also, they have a 675 or higher success rate with frozen donor eggs.

That being said, where else can someone do a DE cycle of any type here in the US for $6,000 so the truth is, they are giving many people a chance to make their dreams come true. CNY just would not be my first stop to do a frozen donor egg cycle. Fresh is another thing all together.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. That's my impulse, and an interesting thing . . . - Maggie in VA on Jun 26, 2012
    1. I think they've given up that pretense - DeeinNYC on Jun 26, 2012

2. Fresh - Lost on Jun 26, 2012
    1. Re: Fresh - Denise on Jun 26, 2012
      1. Re: Fresh - Anonymous on Jun 26, 2012
        1. Re: Fresh - Denise on Jun 26, 2012
    2. Re: Fresh - DeeinNYC on Jun 26, 2012
      1. OE had 100% - Lost on Jun 26, 2012

Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement