Return to Index  

Looking for DE statistics/info (risks, cancer ment)

June 28 2012 at 3:31 PM
CocoBoston  (no login)

Hello Ladies,

I am looking for specific information on carrying a child via DE. I am 45, healthy (height/weight appropriate, low bp, no medications or medical issues etc) and hoping to have a child via DE.

My husband is very concerned with risks associated with carrying a child at the age of 45. I called my ob/gyn who said if my health is good,and the egg is healthy (and young) that I shouldn't have any risks that a younger woman wouldn't have to deal with, with the expection of having a very slightly higher risk for high bp (but just a hair more risk).

DH brought up an elevated risk of BC due to the estrogen/progesterone I would have to take. My understanding is that the hormones are so short term that there is no real risk, but I can't find stats to back this assertion up.

Are there web-sites or journal articles that might help alleviate some of his anxiety about this?

Thanks and baby dust to all!

Coco

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. No research but - Catherine on Jun 28
    1. Pg ment above nm - Catherine on Jun 28
    2. Thanks Catherine (end of msg) - CocoBoston on Jun 28

2. While there aren't lots of women fertile at 45 . . . (kids ment) - Maggie in VA on Jun 28
    1. Thanks Maggie (end of msg) - CocoBoston on Jun 28

3. cancer & DE - Dee on Jun 28
    1. Hmm... - CocoBoston on Jun 28

4. Hmmm... I was never given any statistics. (baby ment.) - Raindrops1 on Jun 28
    1. Thanks - pg ment - Anonymous on Jun 28
      1. Not from anonymous from CocoBoston - CocoBoston on Jun 28

5. My DH was also concerned about the risks....(child ment pg ment) - Hope2009 on Jun 28
    1. Thank you Hope...(adoption ment) - CocoBoston on Jun 29

6. Altogether I did 15 medicated cycles. But it was worth any risk to me. - thesameboat on Jun 29
    1. Thanks thesameboat (NT) - CocoBoston on Jun 29

Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement