Return to Index  

really considering RBA + froz bank (OE, child, losses ment)

June 28 2012 at 3:54 PM
ajc  (Login desperate4no2)

Hi all,
I posted on the over 40 board recently after discovering this site. I posted my 'summary' at the bottom, but am really getting excited about DE after being resistant for so long (maybe resistant isn't the word, but I had so much hope for OE for 3 years and I do not have that anymore). Anyway, DH would like to keep trying with OE, and maybe we will do one more try, but my heart is really leaning towards the more statistically successful route, with my history of losses etc..Anyway, I haven't thoroughly researched it yet, but would love to hear input from people since this is very new territory for me. The one thing I like about it is that while I'd have to travel across the country for it, I like the stats and the ease of not using a donor from step 1--I feel like this 3 year (for no 2) journey has sucked the patience out of me--I realize I still need to be patient since there is no stork dropping a baby in my lap, but I guess I don't, at this point in time, think I can handle the longer process of fresh donor cycle etc (but totally think it's wonderful for others, of course!). My friend just had success with Cape Town (DE/DS) first try (soooo inexpensive, by comparison!) but it's just too far (plus it's not longer inexpensive when there are 3 of you traveling) for all of us to trek out there...

anyway, can't wait to learn more from everyone!

Me: 41 PCOS (treated with Met), heterozygous MTHFR, hashimoto's and bad eggs apparently, immunology reports=normal
DH: 46, everything OK
4 yo DD

Dx'd pcos at age 35
I missed m/c at age 36
1 clomid CP at age 36
2nd round clomid at age 37= dd, now 4
TTC on our own at 38 for 6 mos
Started clomid again at 38.5 yrs, for several cycles, then added clomid + inject at 39
all in all, 10 clomid (2 with inject added) cycles = 9 bfn's and 1 more m/c
Consult with Dr Zouves at age 41, seems hopeful re: my AFC and response to stims, all immunology seems normal, but treating me for RPL with aspirin, lovenox and intralipids
IVF #1 at 41 w Antagon protocol (20 follies, 18 eggs, all mature, 14 fert. PGS= 4 normals/4 swings) all 4 normals tfer'd =CP
FET #1 4/2012 t-fer'ed 2 expanded blasts "swing" embryos = CP
IVF #2 6/2012 20 follicles, 13 eggs, 10 fertilized. After CGH- NO normals! One monosomy 15 embryo transferred, but low to no hope
I'm considering DE, Dh may want to push for another IVF with my eggs

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. I had success at RBA. (child ment'd) - Margolis on Jun 28, 2012
    1. I had success (children ment) - Steph679 on Jun 29, 2012

2. Success Mentioned - KS on Jun 29, 2012
  4. RBA sounds good to me, too. - HappyBean on Jun 29, 2012
  6. Cycling There Now - DeeinNYC on Jun 29, 2012
    1. Also, isn't their age limit 50 and 364 days? nt - Maggie in VA on Jun 29, 2012
      1. Know that 50 is limit-not sure about 364 days n/t - DeeinNYC on Jun 30, 2012

7. bmi - actingloud on Jun 30, 2012
    1. Not that I know of - DeeinNYC on Jun 30, 2012
      1. bmi - actingloud on Jun 30, 2012
        1. Re: bmi - DeeinNYC on Jul 1, 2012

Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement