Return to Index  

While there aren't lots of women fertile at 45 . . . (kids ment)

June 28 2012 at 4:59 PM
Maggie in VA  (Login maggie1961)

Response to Looking for DE statistics/info (risks, cancer ment)

There are still a fair number of women conceiving naturally, so you're sort of at the edges, but not beyond the age of natural childbearing. DH probably doesn't realize that b/c birth control and abortion have largely done away with unwanted mid-life pregnancies, which most were in the past. And the real issue is maternal health. Yeah, there are a few issues peculiar to age, but overall maternal health really trumps that. I just don't have a Web site to prove it (others?). DH is afraid of losing you, so he's apprehensive, but he really needs to listen to your doctor.

There is a good bit of speculation about increased risk of breast cancer around the hormone treatment, but as you say, it is quite short term.

Like you, at 47-48, I was normal weight, low BP, no major medical problems. I conceived twins w/DE and carried them with no major complications except for the hormones exacerbating my asthma (one of my fears about becoming pg when younger), worked till 35 weeks, and was induced at 37 wks 5d. when, yeah, my BP spiked. Ended up having a c-section when I wouldn't dilate. In contrast, plenty of younger women in my local Moms of Multiples group had serious complications related to their health, some requiring hospitalization (and I'm not talking about premature deliveries and problems related just to the babies' health; that's a whole bunch more).

Good luck!

Maggie (in VA)

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Thanks Maggie (end of msg) - CocoBoston on Jun 28, 2012
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement