Return to Index  

My story on brief, son ment

July 13 2012 at 10:21 AM
Thk  (Login perthkitty)

Response to Having trouble.

Two fresh cycles with one.
Advertised for donor, got one reply, utillised her, all embryos no good bc she had pcos and hyper stemmed but I didn't know this until two years later.
Did several using these embryos. The last cycle the cycle cancelled on day of transfer when the embies died that morning. Grew the last two embies to test their viability, they also both died.
Advertised for another donor, got 45 replies. Sifted and sorted through each and every reply, met ten ladies, narrowed it down to four ladies. My re rejected two of these. I chose one to be the edonor and one as a possible surrogate.
A year passes fulfilling govt requirements, we are in Australia.
We do two cycles with the donor, she doesn't respond to the meds, we get one embryo but it's a bfn, next cycle with her we get nothing.
We decide to give up on me and my body. We organize a donor and a surrogate at a place from hell in another country. We travel there with hope in our hearts. It all goes pear shaped and we are ripped off. On the way to this country we meet someone who has a fertility center. She says if things don't turn out to go see her.
We decide to take two months off ttcing.
We rest, enjoy ourselves then regroup. We travel to see the lady. We do a cycle. It is a bfp.
All the above took six years to occur but we did not give up. The only positive I ever got was the one that lead to our son.

The alternative to the above was to give up. But I have at least another forty years left here god willing... And that is a long time to regret not persuing having a child. I went through times where I thought it would never ever ever work. If I had given up then the little fellow in the room next door would not exist.
Do not give up. You will get there, thk

This message has been edited by perthkitty on Jul 13, 2012 10:28 AM

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement