Return to Index  

bad news (child ment)

July 15 2012 at 6:37 AM
Katherine  (Login mollysmom49)

Had my first beta on 7/12 -- BFN. I was in a cab on the way take my DS to physical therapy for his broken arm. I'm pretty devastated. Have been crying every free moment I get ever since. It's hard because I have to keep it together in front of my kids. I know I should be grateful for what I have but I'm so so sad. Was it because it was an FET? I'm old to be doing this again, and I wonder if that's what it was....My age. Though my lining looked great.

I had a sinking feeling right after transfer -- can't explain -- but intuitively I felt it wasn't working. They thawed all three that I had left and only two survived. They had been frozen the old way, and only one survived the thaw. The others looked so fragile to me in the picture they handed me. Silly, right? You can't tell of course, but I had this gut feeling. Then no symptoms for a few days, then cramping.

I keep going over and over in my mind -- was it because I am older? Because it was an FET? Because I yelled at my son on the third day and stressed? Because I lifted my daughter? I just can't let it go. I have to keep it together but don't quite know how. No one here really knows me but I'm reaching out. I want to try again with the donor but it's been so long (five years) I have no idea if she'd be willing. And my husband is adamant that he wants this to be it. It's tearing us a bit apart. Oh well....It feels better to write this and reach out.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. correction and more - Katherine on Jul 15, 2012
  3. I'm sorry, Katherine - thesameboat on Jul 15, 2012
    1. thank you i know you're right - Katherine on Jul 15, 2012

4. i"m sorry (child, oe ment) - ajc on Jul 15, 2012
  6. Hugs (kids ment) - Pinkduck on Jul 15, 2012
    1. thanks again - Anonymous on Jul 15, 2012

7. Katherine, chiming in kind of late...(child ment/pg ment, loss ment) - Hope2009 on Jul 16, 2012
    1. You talked to me - mamaissa on Jul 16, 2012

8. Oh, kiddo . . . (children ment) - Maggie in VA on Jul 16, 2012
  10. Very sorry - DeeinNYC on Jul 16, 2012
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement