Return to Index  

Re: Only one embryo made it to blast?

July 27 2012 at 11:01 PM
KinVA  (no login)

Response to Only one embryo made it to blast?

Thanks for the feedback folks....In answer to some of the questions in your posts: she is an unproven donor, we used DH's sperm, who has indeed fathered a child previously, and....I have no idea what her stim protocol was. We are participating in a shared program, so I only know that the donor produced 24 eggs, and we received 8. 7 were mature, and 5 fertilized and were growing supposedly very well until day 4 - when 4 of the 5 fell behind. This morning at transfer the doctor said that the one blast looked absolutely perfect, and that she estimated a 60% chance that we'd get pregnant. That seems rather unscientific, but I'm choosing to be hopeful. She also said that they were going to keep the other embryos in culture over the weekend in hopes that they would "catch up". We'll find out on Monday whether they did so significantly enough to warrant freezing them. Not holding out much hope for that, but instead trying to concentrate on the one gorgeous embryo we transferred, and trying to stay positive.
I do plan to follow up and ask a few questions - about the donor's stim protocol....and as well, I'd like to know how the other couples fared with their 8 eggs - if they had similar results? I doubt they will tell me any of this, but I'm going to ask.
At any rate, thanks for the positive vibes! Will keep you posted. Beta is two weeks from yesterday.....

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. ah, a shared program (pg ment) - Zoya2 on Jul 28, 2012
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement