Just for Information about South African donorsJuly 30 2012 at 9:13 PM
|Anonymous (no login)|
I received this today. I think a few people here from Australia used this agency and went to India to do surrogacy.
To the Clinic Director
We are writing to you on behalf of a group of concerned parties to warn you about an unethical and unscrupulous so called business owner who is trying to recruit young South African women for donation abroad. Your clinic has been identified as one of the clinics who might be a target for this organization.
While egg donation is legal in South Africa, it is against the regulations for any egg donor agency to recruit South African women for donation abroad. It has been brought to our attention that a company known as Traveling Donors (run by an inexperienced young woman called Genevieve Uys) has recruited donors for donation's abroad. At best these potential egg donors are ill-informed about the risks they face in donating their eggs thereby unknowingly putting their health at risk, and at worse they are unscreened and ineligible to donate. (One such woman has a known history of epilepsy, which the agency has failed to disclose thereby putting the donor at risk as well as the future child. The donors parents are taking legal action against the egg donor agency) In addition - she has no formal training or financial backing should a situaion arise where a donor requires assistance.
We understand that there are many parents whose only hope of conceiving is through egg donation. We also understand that there are young women who are keen to help wherever they can. However, there is no place for unethical, immoral business practise which puts the lives of young women at risk & takes advantage of intended parents vulnerability.
We urge you to proceed with caution.
- OK, please tell me . . . ETA - Maggie in VA on Jul 31, 2012
- How could an adult's parents take legal action? nt - thesameboat on Jul 31, 2012
- Theoretically, if the donor were a minor . . . - Maggie in VA on Jul 31, 2012
- misconception about egg donation - Dee on Jul 31, 2012
- Agree, and the media perpetuates it . . . - Maggie in VA on Jul 31, 2012
- I know 2 people here that used SA egg donors abroad - E&H on Jul 31, 2012
- Re: I know 2 people here that used SA egg donors abroad - Dee on Jul 31, 2012
- Hi - diaphanta on Aug 1, 2012
- Diaphanta, can I ask you about Fertility Astrology? - HappyBean on Aug 1, 2012
- Happy to share. - diaphanta on Aug 1, 2012
- Cool! Thank you! - HappyBean on Aug 1, 2012
- Good luck! - diaphanta on Aug 2, 2012
- Thank you! - HappyBean on Aug 2, 2012
- We dealt with these idiots as well pg ment - Thk on Aug 2, 2012
- This is true - Thk on Aug 2, 2012
- Traveling Donors - Alex on Sep 16, 2014
- Travelling Donors - any positives? - DeeJay101 on Sep 30, 2014
- The real Facts on South African Law & Egg Donation - goldeneggs on Oct 2, 2014
- Re: The real Facts on South African Law & Egg Donation - Alex on Oct 5, 2014