Return to Index  

Hi

August 1 2012 at 8:06 AM
diaphanta  (no login)

Response to I know 2 people here that used SA egg donors abroad

That was me and my husband E&H is talking about. We had paid for the recruitment and preparation of a surrogate from India and the entire cost of an egg donor from SA to stim and travel to donate in India. We were told at the eleventh hour that the SA donor had no eggs and that there was no point in my DH travelling to Delhi to donate his sperm (and no point in her travelling to India). So fortunately he didn't waste his time and money travelling to India and we got refunds for his ticket.

The clinic who recruited the surrogate also agreed to refund the costs of the surro saying that she would now work for another couple. The egg donor agency agreed to refund us about 80% of our money (our cost minus a deposit) - but given the high costs of this stellar proven donor, this was still quite a loss.

The clinic later changed their mind and said that they would not refund any money to us and said that they had never agreed to such a thing in the first place - very annoying and unprofessional!

The egg donor agency later informed us that the donor did indeed have eggs later on that cycle but they decided to donate them to another couple. The couple had got pregnant but miscarried. They told us that they didn't tell us this because they didn't want to upset us! Very unprofessional also.

The egg donor agency were Global Egg Donors (formally Renew) and the clinic in India was called Phoenix Clinic, run by Dr Shivani. The lesson = don't go to India for surrogacy.

The good part of this story was that during all the time I was pregnant and eventually had my own ED DD - but it was a pretty horrible experience.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Diaphanta, can I ask you about Fertility Astrology? - HappyBean on Aug 1
    1. Happy to share. - diaphanta on Aug 1
      1. Cool! Thank you! - HappyBean on Aug 1
        1. Good luck! - diaphanta on Aug 2
          1. Thank you! - HappyBean on Aug 2

2. We dealt with these idiots as well pg ment - Thk on Aug 2
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement