Return to Index  

Re: Thanks, Dee

August 15 2012 at 10:10 PM
DeeinNYC  (no login)

Response to Thanks, Dee

Violet,

So sorry that they cycle did not work out. As for the intralipids, I have no idea why the new policy. What was said to me made no sense. Another woman was told that some study showed that the use of intralipids decreased success rates. I asked around and no one seems to have heard about this. Someone pointed out that SOME inflammation is needed for implantation and that if women are taking intralipids without having any immune issues this could be a problem. Not sure how much I buy this especially since IVIG does not seem to be banned nor the use of steroids such as dex or prednisone..all of which help to lower an immune response. In my case and I'm sure many others, I have a documented immune issue. It just seems ridiculous to me to ban soybeans and egg yolk!! Bottom line..keep it to yourself if you intend to use intralipids. BTW..they also prescribed Folgard to me.

As far as the new affiliates, I don't think they had really taken off when I selected my donor which was only two months ago but I have seen a few people as of late complain about their 1st picks being taken. I also noticed that my donor's eggs were snatched up like within a week when she donated a new batch soon after I made my selection. Someone did say that they were told that the affiliates now have access to the bank so my guess is that there is a bit more competition. They will hold your selections for two business days however. I will also say that a lot more have come into the bank recently. I think they get a lot of donations in the summer during the summer school break. I have to say that I was VERY happy with the donor selection at RBA. You can look now at generic information about the donors so you might want to see how many as of now have your coloring..at least on paper.

Lastly, I have no idea about the night sweats or nausea being an immune response. I would definitely ask Dr. B and perhaps the ladies on the Yahoo board. You should check out the RBA thread on the Fertile Thoughts website's Donor Egg board. Lots of information and lots of success stories.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Booking Dr Toledo based on your opinion - HappyBean on Aug 16
    1. Re: Booking Dr Toledo based on your opinion - DeeinNYC on Aug 17

2. Thanks, Dee! - violet on Aug 16
    1. Re: Thanks, Dee! - DeeinNYC on Aug 17
      1. Helpful Info, Dee...thanks - Violet on Aug 19
        1. That's Great!! - DeeinNYC on Aug 19
          1. Thanks, Dee. - Violet on Aug 19

Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement