Return to Index  

sonogram result

August 23 2012 at 4:15 AM
Dee  (Login Deeand)

Response to transfer tomorrow

My Doctor here in Czech Republic just checked my lining, it is 9.4. She said there is some coagulation of blood on my cervix that she thinks is from a previous menstrual cycle. She said if all blood is not released during a period, it can accumulate in the cervix. She pointed to a spot on my cervix where there was a small amount of blood. She does not feel it is significant and no need to cancel the transfer for tomorrow. She said everything looked good.

However, when I had a sonogram done on Monday of this week, at my other doctor's office (because of spotting), the sonographer said there was blood at the lower section of my uterus, and my lining had gone down some. Now, obviously my lining went back up because my estrace dosage was doubled by my doctor here in czech republic. I am not sure how coagulation of blood in my cervix from a previous period would have caused my uterine lining to go down. The only explanation I have is that I had taken some antibiotics and mucinex the week before that might have "thrown off" the estrogen I was taking; the pharmacist told me that the antibiotic reduced the effectiveness of hormonal drugs.

I am conflicted about what to do. My doctor who did the sonogram today is a medical doctor, whereas the person who did the sonogram back in my home town is a sonographer, not a doctor. So I feel that I should defer to the doctor's medical viewpoint, but I am still worried that when they do the transfer, I might start spotting again.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. I would definitely go through with the transfer - thesameboat on Aug 23, 2012
    1. Re: I would definitely go through with the transfer - Dee on Aug 23, 2012
      1. The reason I ask is... - thesameboat on Aug 23, 2012
    2. Agree, and Zlin did check my P4 level on ET day. - Maggie in VA on Aug 23, 2012
      1. fertilization - Dee on Aug 24, 2012
        1. Wow, sounds like a good batch!! - thesameboat on Aug 24, 2012
        2. Agree . . . - Maggie in VA on Aug 24, 2012
          1. what embryologist said (this is weird), child ment. - Dee on Aug 24, 2012

2. go for it Dee good luck nt - THK on Aug 24, 2012
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement