input on repeated failure with donor cycles?August 27 2012 at 8:09 PM
|KerriA (no login)|
I am a frequent lurker but infrequent poster. I'm single, 38, and have been TTC for nearly 3 years - started out with high FSH. Have had 1 second trimester loss and 2 chemical pregnancies. I have gone through 2 donor embryo (all blasts) FET The donating couple had transferred 2 and go twinst. The first time the embies were so-so - transferred 2 - BFN. Second, donor embie cycle (same batch), embies looked great - transferred 3 - with assisted hatching, embryo glue, and uterine infusion of G-CSF - BFN.
I just completed a fresh split cycle using donor eggs from a 10 time proven donor who was 29 days from being 30 at time of retrieval. We did two single embryo transfers - 1 on day 4 and the second on day 6. I was on heparin, BA, PIO, and delestrogen and was also on antibiotics and prednisone just before and a few days after transfer. I just found out today it was BFN. I'm feeling very devastated - going through all of this and being financially spent with nothing but trauma to show for it.
The donor only had 8 mature eggs and I ended up with 3 embryos - 2 transferred and one on ice. At the time of the transfer, the embryologist also mentioned that they have more donor embryos for me if I want them (I think they are from a donor egg cycle).
I'm supposed to meet with my RE on wednesday. I'm trying to think about what to ask and even if I should just stop treatment and start saving for private domestic adoption. After my second trimester loss, I was really hoping that I could have a pregnancy with a healthy baby. I have really wanted that experience all my life but I do know that being a Mom is my number one goal.
I would appreciate any thoughts from you all.
- Testing for immunity or blood clot issues - Christine on Aug 27, 2012
- Thank you, Christine - KerriA on Aug 28, 2012
- Accidental duplicate post ... n/t - Christine on Aug 27, 2012
- I am so sorry for your losses (success mentioned) - thesameboat on Aug 27, 2012
- oops, correction - thesameboat on Aug 28, 2012
- Thank you this is very helpful - KerriA on Aug 28, 2012
- I sympathize - waiting4u on Aug 27, 2012
- waiting4u, thank you - KerriA on Aug 28, 2012
- I feel for you (child implied) - THK on Aug 28, 2012
- thank you, THK - KerriA on Aug 28, 2012
- Perhaps yes... - Thk on Aug 29, 2012
- Hi Kerri. I am really sorry that you have had such a hard (pg/loss/m/c ment) - Daisy on Aug 28, 2012
- So very sorry & Great post above - DeeinNYC on Aug 28, 2012
- Thanks, Dee - KerriA on Aug 28, 2012
- Kerri, I walked this road, too (children ment.) - Ariadne on Aug 28, 2012
- thanks, Ariadne - KerriA on Aug 28, 2012
- Yes (pg. ment.) - Ariadne on Aug 28, 2012
- thanks, Ariadne - KerriA on Aug 30, 2012
- Thank you, Daisy - KerriA on Aug 28, 2012
- Keri - I don't think - waiting4u on Aug 29, 2012
- I agree with this - Anonymous on Aug 29, 2012
- thank you, anon (loss ment) - KerriA on Aug 30, 2012
- thank you, waiting4u - KerriA on Aug 30, 2012
- She's single; no DH so has to be another issue (nt) - Renata on Aug 31, 2012
- Sorry - Antonialisa on Aug 28, 2012
- thank you, Antonialisa - KerriA on Aug 30, 2012
- I'm very sorry - Zoya2 on Aug 28, 2012
- thank you, Zoya - KerriA on Aug 30, 2012
- So sorry KerriA - futurebeauty on Aug 28, 2012
- thank you, FB - KerriA on Aug 30, 2012
- hang in there - Violet on Aug 30, 2012
- thanks, Violet (loss mentioned) - KerriA on Aug 30, 2012
- gest carrier - autumnleavesfalling on Aug 31, 2012