Return to Index  

Keri - I don't think

August 29 2012 at 11:00 AM
waiting4u  (Login LB13)

Response to Thank you, Daisy

that immune problems are probably your issue given those test results. The only one I see missing is homocysteine plasma level. Did you have this tested? There are many, many studies out there stating that simply testing positive for the MTHFR mutation that you have does not cause infertility or miscarriage. And taking Folgard is a good precaution anyway. I tested positive for the other MTHFR mutation and for the prothrombin - so I'm on heparin and extra folic acid/Folgard. And even for those - since my homocysteine plasma level was normal and all other tests that you have listed were normal - my doctors are unconvinced that is the problem. Your TSH is also perfect. One thing that I may do that I'll pass along to you is have another saline contrast to look at my uterus - polyps, etc. I had one over a year ago and it was normal, but may be worth it to do it again before another treatment. Also - I've done a ton of research on IVIG and on Intralipids - and also have done both in my OE cycles empirically because I have high thyroid antibodies (indicating likelihood of raised natural killer cells although I was never tested for NK cells). Your profile as revealed here really doesn't warrant either of those treatments. (And neither were successful for me.) That is again my two cents. (Ok, now it's four cents total. happy.gif) And there are lots of us single mamas-to-be out there - check out single mothers for choice if you haven't already... Good luck. Keep us posted.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. I agree with this - Anonymous on Aug 29
    1. thank you, anon (loss ment) - KerriA on Aug 30

2. thank you, waiting4u - KerriA on Aug 30
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement