Flying during first trimester? (BFP mentioned)September 4 2012 at 5:32 PM
|Mrs. H (no login)|
I'm wondering what you ladies think about flying during or maybe a few days after the first trimester. I know most doctors will tell you it's fine, but I have several acquaintances who miscarried during the first trimester fairly shortly after a flight. Could be completely unrelated, but I know we all want to be cautious.
I am currently a little more than 8 weeks (YAY!), but they have not been without issues: I had retroplacental bleeding around 5 weeks, and I'm on PIO shots and inserts because my P4 levels were dropping.
I'm sure I'm just being overly cautious and/or paranoid, but I thought I'd see if others had experience with this issue.
- how long - Dee on Sep 4, 2012
- The flight is cross-country - Mrs. H on Sep 5, 2012
- Re: Flying during first trimester? (BFP mentioned) - green.elephant on Sep 4, 2012
- Thanks! - Mrs. H on Sep 5, 2012
- 6 flights - green.elephant on Sep 5, 2012
- My doctor's concerns - Sharon on Sep 4, 2012
- Good thoughts! - Mrs. H on Sep 5, 2012
- my OB said NO with a capital N. (pg ment) - THK on Sep 5, 2012
- So true - Mrs. H on Sep 5, 2012
- Pregnant women post there, too. nt - thesameboat on Sep 5, 2012
- the pink is for pg ladies and those who have delivered. - THK on Sep 5, 2012
- Lots of us cycle abroad - thesameboat on Sep 5, 2012
- Hadn't thought about that... - Mrs. H on Sep 5, 2012
- I flew when I was around 4.2 weeks preggo - Julie on Sep 5, 2012
- I flew (pg mentioned) - Christine on Sep 5, 2012
- I flew after transfer, 9-10 wks, more (child ment, pg ment) - Zoya2 on Sep 6, 2012