Return to Index  

I did an itemized list . . .

February 20 2013 at 11:37 AM
Maggie in VA  (Login maggie1961)

Response to Did that include all your expenses? Local monitoring and meds even?

For the benefit of a friend who was considering DE in CZ. I stayed at the spa in Luhacovice, so I spent more on lodging than I could have, though meals were included. AL, meals are very affordable in CZ. The Vila Antoaneta fee includes the taxi charge from Vienna to Luhacovice. You can travel from Vienna or Prague by train very affordably. I didn't include local monitoring -- my GP monitored me, and I'm guessing I didn't spend more than a few hundred dollars. I did not have a lining check before leaving on that cycle as the clinic had me come earlier and get one on ER day. My OB/GYN charged me $250 for a lining check U/S on my first cycle.

Also, I didn't include the STD tests, which my GP ordered as part of my physical for my first cycle. Also not shown below is about, hmmm, $300 for Crinone purchased from ivfmeds.com. You can buy that in Zlin, but their standard protocol now is just vaginal Prometrium (Utrogestan there, in addition to oral Prometrium), and you can buy that at the clinic pharmacy. Generic Prometrium is also now available in the U.S. I was getting estradiol on my insurance for a $5?, $10? copay, but since the OP sounds younger and probably doesn't need HRT, she could buy that in Zlin.

Downpayment to clinic                             $1,500.00
Airline ticket                                             $765.60
Board, lodging, transportation,
treatments, Vila Antoaneta                       $1,238.68
Transaction fee for lodging, etc.                    $37.16
Balance to clinic                                     $3,781.20
Transaction fee for balance                         $113.43
Prescription medicine filled in Zlin                   $81.65
Transaction fee for prescriptions                     $2.44
Freezing and storage of embryos                  $553.37
Transaction fee for freezing                          $16.60
Lodging in Vienna                                        $80.66

$8,170.79

So, yeah, all the kitchen sink stuff would probably have been around $800 or so, and that would bring the total you see above to $9K. Now, the clinic's prices are higher now, and airfares are higher, too, but I think $10K probably would be close. And, you see, I had about $570 in embryo freezing fees you'll only have if you're lucky enough to get frosties. The clinic has its own hotel now, BTW, and more of the ning board ladies seem to be staying there. I also spent $1,330.00 on acupuncture for close to 3 mos. prior to tx that I didn't include as that's not required.

Take care,

Maggie (in VA)

This message has been edited by maggie1961 on Feb 20, 2013 11:39 AM

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. They should have to refund your embryo freezing fee - BlessedThistle on Feb 20, 2013
    1. Ja, well . . . - Maggie in VA on Feb 20, 2013

Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement