Return to Index  

Word!

February 26 2013 at 1:32 AM
Orchid  (Login arive)

Response to But you are making an invalid assumption . . .

My husband's parents were older. They DID face age related issues when my husband got into his late 30s.

My parents are very young. They don't face those issues yet.

His parents were better parents. He is much better off in life even if his parents won't be around as long. His father died (of cancer). It is sad he is gone. But really-how utterly stupid to think this wonderful, brilliant loving man and woman in the most solid marriage ever should have thought twice before reproducing because of THEIR AGES.

This way of thinking is incredibly stupid--there are so many issues going into parenthood. Young parents are statistically more likely to divorce. I wouldn't say 'well, wait until you are married 10 years to start a family because divorce is hard on kids.' Be sure everything is going to work out financially! No one with any health problems should ever have kids--what if they pass the genes down?

All the faux hand wringing about older moms is prompted by sexism--it's another one of those terrible things women are doing that is wrong. One of dozens of things women get charged with.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Word back! - Maggie in VA on Feb 26, 2013
    1. A standing ovation to you both! - BlessedThistle on Feb 26, 2013
    2. Bravo to both! - Kenny on Feb 27, 2013
      1. P.S. had my DE kids in my 30's and still could NOT agree with you more. nt - Kenny on Feb 27, 2013

Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement