Return to Index  

Donor (success ment)

March 3 2013 at 4:09 PM
Anonymous  (no login)

Response to RE at B&W

Hi,

The donor was 28 yo and she had had a successful pregnancy with a prior IP (we never found out if it ended in a live birth). She'd never had children herself. We did end up with frozen embies, which we did not use.

The search for a donor took months. Our first choice bailed out (by not responding to agency correspondence) after initially agreeing to work with us. When we continued to look we found our donor, but there were some delays there as well due to her work schedule and travel. Ironically enough, I was pregnant about 9 months after we started looking, I think. I was not as picky with our actual donor as when I first started looking. I wanted to make sure it was someone familiar with the process so (hopefully) she wouldn't back out. I can tell you that our donor doesn't look like DH or myself, but DS looks very much like DH did as a child. Not everyone is able to make that leap, but it worked for us. And I was encouraged when the DE coordinator told me that the donor seemed to be very kind and nice, qualities that were/are important to me. She had a college education with a similar major to myself.

I'm glad I requested the lining check, even though I was told it wasn't necessary, since that relieved some stress. And I can tell you that I wished I had immediately tried DE after OE IVF failed. I tend to wait too long in making decisions I think, just waiting till I get the "right" feeling. However, if I'd gone ahead then, I wouldn't have the same child that I have today, who is the love of my life. Truly.

Just know that you'll make the best decision for yourself.

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement