Return to Index  

Is this possible? Split donor cycles

March 10 2013 at 10:19 AM
aussiehoneygirl  (no login)

Hi guys, wondering if you can tell me if my idea is possible!

I am trying to narrow down my options for donor cycle - wanting to start the cycle in September, so need to get myself moving! BUT.... I have some 'picky' restrictions which I am having trouble meeting within my budget.

The 'biggie' for me is I'd like to go with a ID release donor/ someone willing to be known.

My second big issue is funds.... Because of the travel I am needing to keep cycle costs to a minimum.

Agency donors are out due to costs. Also cuts out most Europe/ South Africa/ Mexico/ Argentina due to anonymity issues. Clinic donors in the USA seem to be also anonymous.

I have found some clinics that do split donor cycles, which is more affordable for me. To get around the anonymity issue I am probably going to have to source my own donor, but I'm wondering if a clinic that does split cycles would allow me to cycle with my donor and split with another recipient (which I understand I would have to find). I know it sounds a lot of work, but I seem to be running out of options and I don't want to give up the ID release.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Honey

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Mary's post below got me thinking... - BlessedThistle on Mar 10, 2013
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement