Return to Index  

Mary

March 13 2013 at 9:52 AM
Mrs. McIrish  (no login)

Response to keep your heart open to other options

Now I know why you dodged my question a few weeks ago asking if you were using a DE/DS combo on your next cycle in Syracuse. You weren't going there! Lol! It makes no sense to me but DH just balks at DS even though he'd adopt if it was easier/not so expensive/less waiting time.. I told him that DE/DS was like adoption only we'd be able to ensure prenatal care since it would be me carrying it and we'd be able to pick/control the combination like ethnicity/family health whereas you get what you get with adoption. He just isn't interested. What can you do when someone else isn't on board? I'm not getting a divorce over it. I do know that I cannot in good conscience cycle again doing the same thing with no changes. We'd be totally OOP as I've used up my cycle limit on insurance. It would be like throwing the money away to do the exact same thing again. One fair blast out of 12 eggs from 2 donors just boggles my mind. The clinic doesn't seem to care at all and has made zero recommendations. The karotype order was my request. They seem fine to just take your money and say "try again" without looking into anything. I won't do that. So I'm trying my best to do CFNBC and know it will take a long tie to feel ok again. I'm reading a dissertation written about life after infertility when no baby ever came. It's very interesting and validates a lot of feelings that I am having. Since I am only I the beginning stages of CF, I'm trying to not beat myself up since it says it could be like 2 years before not having a baby is the central focus of your life and how you have to find a new identity that isn't mommy hood.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re: Mary - mary on Mar 13, 2013
    1. Thanks - Mrs. McIrish on Mar 13, 2013

2. It was only 4 months from the time I got on the waiting list till I was choosing my donors - BlessedThistle on Mar 13, 2013
  4. DH not being on board - Mimi on Mar 21, 2013
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement