Return to Index  

new here. hello and nervous

February 1 2014 at 1:01 PM
Bteacher  (Login Bteacher)

Hi ladies. I've been lurking and reading for months since switching over from the other board.My heart goes out to all who share their stories and I always jump on hoping to hear those joyous stories. Where am I? 44 trying for my first child. Was at NH for almost a year (no success and just going crazy, but that's a whole other story). Now using local center in PA using DE. Been on bcp for 2 plus weeks and got the call to start lupron this week. Never did all the injections before this...so here we go. With me, no real health issues. Everything seems "normal" (whatever that really means). But, I'm 44 with all the dor characteristics. With things moving along, I'm getting really nervous. Of course, I'm optimistic that my chances are better and this could work. My husband (who always sees the bright side) is convinced this will work. I'm getting worried about how he especially (and I ) will handle it if it doesn't work. It seems like there are still so many women on here who may not be achieving success. I believe one poster said everybody she knows had to try at least twice with DE before having a baby. Do you all see it like that to? I'm not sure if a lot of women on here are from the "older" fertility age or a lot of women on here are sadly dealing with a history of complications impeding pregnancy. I hope nobody minds me inquiring, introducing myself and asking for any words of wisdom.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. welcome! - green.elephant on Feb 1, 2014
  3. Welcome and good luck - AC in Boston on Feb 1, 2014
  5. Welcome, although I'm a graduate of this board (pg ment, child ment)...mI - Hope2009 on Feb 1, 2014
    1. amazing story...thx for sharing!! n/t - Bteacher on Feb 3, 2014

6. I'd say don't be discouraged, but do be prepared . . . (kids ment) - Maggie in VA on Feb 1, 2014
  8. Welcome! (ectopic and child ment) - Jen in TN on Feb 1, 2014
  10. Welcome! - Stacey on Feb 1, 2014
    1. Success mentioned above! N/t - Stacey on Feb 1, 2014

11. Comments - Mrs.McIrish on Feb 1, 2014
    1. Yes, probably right . . . - Maggie in VA on Feb 2, 2014
    2. thanks, ladies - Bteacher on Feb 2, 2014

12. Just wanted to mention (kids mentioned)... - Obie9 on Feb 2, 2014
    1. I am older as well (success ment) - delurker7 on Feb 2, 2014
      1. Re: few things - Bteacher on Feb 2, 2014
        1. Out of pocket - Stacey on Feb 2, 2014

13. Welcome (success mentioned) - Antonialisa on Feb 3, 2014
    1. Hi - Becky on Feb 3, 2014
      1. good luck.... - Bteacher on Feb 4, 2014
        1. Re: good luck.... - Becky on Feb 4, 2014

14. I'm also new - CJ on Feb 4, 2014
    1. welcome cj - Bteacher on Feb 5, 2014

Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement