Return to Index  

Welcome, although I'm a graduate of this board (pg ment, child ment)...mI

February 1 2014 at 8:53 PM
Hope2009  (Login Hope2009)

Response to new here. hello and nervous

but I have fond memories of this board and all the support I received as I waited to do our first cycle. While I was on the board in 2008 to 2009 there were lots of women who had to cycle a few times before they had success and moved to the pink board. Then there were several at the time that just had success the first time. I was hoping to be in that category and thought for sure after our perfect fresh cycle would bring us our baby. Even though my lining was excellent and we transferred two 20 out of 20 5 day blasts...one hatching and one about to hatch, I ended with a chemical m/c.

But we got back on the horse and a few months later we did a FET, thawed 3 blasts, all made the thaw and we transferred them all. We ended up having success that time and in 2009 our beautiful DS was born...I was 48 when we cycled and 49 when he was born.

Then when I was about to turn 51 we did another FET. We again thawed 3 blasts and all made the thaw so we transferred them all....since we had gone through 5 blasts to get to our one singleton we felt we weren't being too risky and the embryos we were using for our 2nd FET weren't as good as the first two cycles...however they were still really great...18 out of 20. We were over joyed to find that we were pg with twins and I had an easy pgcy, comfortable labour and healthy vaginal delivery...when I was 51.

So if you are concerned about age being an issue....relax. As long as you are healthy all should be fine and if your mindset is one that is positive that will help relieve stress. I had a mantra with all my cycles...different for each of them. With my twins I said, 'let go and let God'....it calmed me to believe that everything would unfold as it was meant and I was ready for any life lessons along the way.

All the best on your journey to your first baby...it's so exciting.

Blessings from Hope

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. amazing story...thx for sharing!! n/t - Bteacher on Feb 3, 2014
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement