Return to Index  

Seems okay

February 3 2014 at 8:34 AM
AC in Boston  (Login GeminiWW)

Response to is this a normal response for a DE cycle?

First, GOOD LUCK! I hope you have a fantastic beta.

I think your concern is warranted. 4 good blasts from 18 eggs is a little low but not horrible. I expect my RE would say it was good even if I weren't feeling great about it.

If you really wanted to get into it you could look at the donor's cycle details to see if there's anything unusual with it. My guess is that it was all good. My clinic discourages patients from using donors that young since eggs can be immature and it's easier for them to develop OHSS. Based on your numbers and early fertilization there doesn't appear to be an obvious issues there. Probably not worth digging into her protocol to see how much FSH she received.

I've heard a lot of anecdotal feedback that getting to blast is more about sperm quality. I'm interested to see if other people think that it's worth a look into the sperm side of things.

Try not to worry. I know it's nearly impossible when you're in the 2WW. Hopefully you won't need those frosties for a while. We'd all love dozens of beautiful blasts in the cryo bank but many people never need more than a few good ones. Good luck!

This message has been edited by GeminiWW on Feb 3, 2014 8:35 AM

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement