Return to Index  

my thoughts...

February 3 2014 at 9:22 AM
Anonymous  (no login)

Response to is this a normal response for a DE cycle?

I defer to others but my interpretation is that the fertilization rate is possibly a bit low. Did the use ICSI? Were some of the eggs immature. (Usually, the doctors will retreive any and all eggs but some may be too immature to ever have a reasonable chance at fertilization.) My experience has always been with ICSI so I may be off base on fertilization rates without ICSI.

But, I have always been told that, of those eggs that fertilize, you should expect most to make to to 3 day (ie 90% and up). Then, with donor eggs, if 1/2 of those to make it to blast that is great. I have occasionally heard of a freind getting significantly more than 50% of 3-days make it to blast, but it has been rare in my experience. I know this is all so scary but I think those numbers sound quite good.

Here are some numbers from Shady Grove. http://www.shadygrovefertility.com/donor-egg-success
It doesn't provide the exact numbers you are looking for but Table 2 gives some sense of averages.

Good luck!!!

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. That sounds right - AC in Boston on Feb 3, 2014
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement