Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • First of all congratulations
    • E&H (no login)
      Posted Nov 13, 2010 2:52 AM

I had terrible bleeding with my first DE IVF pregnancy. We use the same protocol as UK here, no PIO shots (thank goodness). I think you are probably using crinone 8% for your progesterone support. It is normal to use only one per day in UK. Are you on 1 or 2,if only 1 I'd increase to 2. Are you on Crinine at all? If so, I found it irritated like crazy and it gets stuck like glue up there (you know where). You need to shower daily and wash all the excess away from the day before. I found cyclogest 400 mg pessaries more bearable than the crinine but I did take 3 x 400 mg daily (1 8 hourly). Also, several patients that have come here to cycle from UK and have had bleeding get prolutin depot injection - it works wonders and is easy to get in the UK. One jab and the bleeding stops immediately until the 4th day when the next one is due and for me it started again. Normally you are given 1 depot prolutin injection every 4th day.

I can't emphasize enough how important progesterone support is in DE IVF. I have many ladies come here from UK and Australia miscarrying because of progesterone support. Only last week I had a lady come from Australia whose RE in Aussie reduced her progesterone support down to 3 x 200 mg per day - of course she started to bleed and called me to say her period had started and she wanted to come back at Christmas for a frozen transfer. I told her under no circumstances to stop the progesterone but to double it back to what she was told here. Yesterday, she had a scan and has twins cooking in there.

Hope you can manage to go somewhere and get the prolutin. I don't know where you are in UK but I have patients near heathrow that managed to get it easily. If you need help I'm sure I can call her and ask her where she got it from.

Can't wait for your next update. This is an extremely good number. ((())))
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement