Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Answers....(pg ment/child ment)
    • Hope2009 (no login)
      Posted Nov 21, 2010 12:46 PM

used our regular families email address right from the start when I was getting to know our clinic which by the way is at a distance from where we live.

Since I was 48 when we did our first fresh cycle my Dr. had me in the month before for a sonohysterogram to check on the health of my uterus. Also I had to have a mammogram and of course other tests in ensure my health was good...an ecg to check my heart...my blood pressure etc.

Once my health was cleared there were no restrictions when we cycled. In hindsight I wished I had asked them to do extensive blood tests to see if I had any immune issues b/c our first cycle ended in a chem m/c and it was a perfect cycle...top grade blasts and perfect lining.

After that my Dr. ran the blood panel and found I tested positive for a blood clotting disorder, factor V Leiden...passed down by one parent...so for our follow up FET cycle I was put on heparin and got pg with our singleton DS.
      We also have no insurance etc coverage so paid for the cycles from savings $25,000..high due to our travel expenses to the clinic for the two cycles..and no our clinic didn't have a money back policy like some of the ones in the States...I know we looked into a clinic in Seattle Wa and you paid for 2 cycles but they would give you three..for the same money.

The money etc may seem daunting but once you have your baby in your arms...well I'd have paid 10 times that and mortgaged our house to bring him to earth. We have done another FET recently (I was 50 when we cycled) and we are pg with twins...and we still have a few frozen embies left.
      I hope gathering information from other people's experiences helps you move forward...listen to your heart and you will know what is right for you.

Good luck with your journey.
      Blessings from Hope
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement