Hey Guys - I typically post on the Over 40 board, but am posting here to get any opinions on DE as I need to move my life forward. About me: Highest FSH 15.5, most recent: 10.3. Get AF on own and ovulate on own. On break cycle this month I had consults with two new RE's and one did u/s on CD12 - I had TWO follies growing on my left ovary with no drugs, nothing. They were over 12M and my lining was 9.5, so likely at least one will be mature for ovulation. Unfortunately, I'm single and can't give it a go. I've done TWO IUI injectibles - both BFN. Most recent, on CD12 had a 16 & 19 and E2 of 420 - triggered, IUI the next day. BFN. Sorry for all the detail, but I always find it helpful when I read posts. I turned 43 in September. Had been kept on hold due to finances for nearly 2 years. First try was in August. Second in October. Needing to figure out next steps......THANKS! - ALM The original post on the over 40 board is below....
Happy Day After Thanksgiving All -
Thanks to all of the thoughtful responses for my post after my consults with Gill & Heard. I think I've decided on Gill - that's my knee jerk/gut instinct reaction. I just felt 'safer'. Both were nice, but I'm leaning heavily toward Gill.
So....As some of you may recall, I'm single and doing this on my own. I'm 43. This past month on CD12 of break cycle I had TWO follies on my left ovary (had been quiet on both of my 2 cycles) that were >12M. Hmmmm... I have AF on my own. If I had a DH, there is no doubt that I would try with my OE for the next year or so.
BUT, alas, that's not the case. So far I've spent about $9-$10k on the 2 IUI injectible cycles I've done. I will do a seperate post reflecting on those. I have the $15k in savings that I can pull out to do a shared DE cycle in January, or an IVF with my OE (not leaning towards that at all as Doc said chances were just as good with IUI if not tubal/physical issues other than age) or an IUI with OE. The IUI with OE is much less expensive, but to do 2 b2b IUI's for better coverage, it will cost $5k, which will take away from my current stash.
That said, I'm thinking about this plan:
Try the double IUI with OE in January, if it doesn't work, move to DE due to finances. I'm concerned about not having the $$ to move on to other options if I continue on for more than another cycle with OE. I'm also angry about my last 2 cycles. I'll post that seperate, and it may be illogical, but I feel it was a total bust due to timing,frozen DS sperm, etc.
Anyhow, any thoughts are appreciated. Babydust to all ~
PS - Part of me feels like trying with my OE in January is tossing $$ out the window