Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Hi there, I live in New Zealand too...
    • lauranz (Login phoebegrace)
      Posted Nov 28, 2010 4:17 PM

so we can't pay donors, nor can they be anon....not totally, anyway.
      After going through all possible friends and family (and their daughters and neices and neighbours) putting out feelers to see whether anyone would be interested in donating, and keeping coming up against brick walls (some wanted to but discovered unknown health/fertility problems, some had relationship probs or DHs who changed their minds..) with much trepidation and negligible hope, we advertised in a small community newspaper and found the donor of our DREAMS, man. In a week. Absolutely perfect. We cycled within 4 months of her answering our ad, and got pg first pop.
      We have only met once, but send numerous emails and txts when milestones are met or natural disasters strike (we had a massive earthquake here 3 months ago and are troubled with continuing aftershocks)....she is open to whatever communication we want, is very respectful about not intruding etc etc etc.
      And she's only 21!!!
      I'm fairly sure we'll have a bit more contact after baby comes; I don't think there can be too many adults in a child's life with some kind of connection to them; this babe will have no cousins living nearby, or aunties or uncles....so I relish the idea of just occassional contact if it works out.
      HTH and keep us posted...
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement