Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • I do Hear You (child, adoption, m/c ment)
    • (no login)
      Posted Mar 3, 2011 2:24 PM

IF can be really challenging without getting excited calls from newly pregnant friends and relatives. I cringe every time someone tells me they're pg. I don't know your personal situation, but when things get painful, I send a gift and a card, and that is it.

Lately it seems everyone I know is PG. And it's impossible for them to realize how they are slicing my heart open with a knife every time they go on about their pgcy and birth stories. I am happy for them. Really. It's just don't want to hear it.

Biogal wrote: "My whole personality had changed because of the grief of those years. I was normally very optimistic and cheerful and extroverted. Even though I'm happier now with my children, I am much more reserved and not much of a people person anymore."

I have to agree wholeheartedly with this sentiment. I feel like the grief/loss/disapointment forced me to grow up in a way that many of my friends just did't. And sometimes I really miss the old me. But I'm not that person anymore.

After a few years of struggling with IF and a particularly rough m/c I adopted a little girl - whom I LOVE dearly - and thought I could just move on. But the part of me that wants to HAVE A BABY just won't go away.

I at 44 I'm TTC again w/ DE. And part of me is cringing even going to the RE - back to bw and monitoring. And hoping this time it will be different. After spending 10s of thousands here I go with another $30K - but I should have a very decent chance at a live birth with DE. And that is what I keep holding on to. And no, my family is not supportive. They feel I'm too old, but this isn't up for debate.

The OB/GYN who did my saline sonogram said she has seen quite a few women in mid 40s-50s getting pg with DE and "things going well." So I hold on to that too.

GL on your journey.

Mal

Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Your Email
    (Optional)
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options Enable formatted text (Huh?)
    Also send responses to my email address

Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement