Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Beansprout, I have cycled at RBA (success, mc mentioned)
    • margolis (Login margolis)
      Posted Jun 25, 2011 2:09 AM

Beansprout, I have used the frozen egg bank at RBA and do know many people that have and had success. I got pg with my first cycle, but it was a BO. I got pg again with my FET from that cycle, but unfortunately, my uterus gave way and could not hold the pregnancy, so unfortunately I lost my little love. I personally know of 15 people that used the frozen egg bank. All of the ones that I know of got pg on their first cycle except one, and she got pg on her second cycle. My pregnancy was my leftover embryo from my first cycle. I know that there was someone that posted here that had success with her first frozen egg cycle. When she went back for a sibling, she did not have success with that cycle, nor any frozens she might have had, so then did a fresh cycle with them. I am fuzzy on those details, but I think it went something like that. Whereas they have a high success rate with their frozen eggs (which I believe aren't allowed to be published in SART, b/c they can't rate frozen eggs as a fresh DE cycle, I could be wrong though)I don't think it is as high as my unscientific sample.

There are definitely pros and cons when cycling with them. I am pretty sure that there are no adult photos, I think most have a childhood photo. I think you can see some basic donor pool info thru links on their website. But for more detailed info, I think you must already be a patient, which I am pretty sure would involve at least a consult with a doctor. (again, guessing here b/c I was already a patient). Frozen eggs are VERY convenient and terrific for lining challenged type patients. Also, the eggs are ready whenever you are. You don't have the stress of having to sync up with a donor or wait for there to be others in the shared cycle and wonder if the donor will produce enough eggs. On the downside, they have gotten so good at the frozen egg thing, that you don't get very many eggs to begin with for them to get you your guaranteed 2 blasts, so you have very few frozen embryos left to try with, or to try for a sibling if you are lucky enough to get pg. They didn't have the guarantee when I cycled, but I am pretty sure it is all inclusive. You will not have to pay for any additional donor fees or meds. But, I would guess that with a shared cycle like SG's program, if you do have additional donor meds, the cost would be split, so that might not add up to all that much. Hopefully SG grads can help you with that. And, the guarantee is live birth, NOT out of first trimester. Some guarantees are just out of the first tri. I think SG is live birth as well, but hopefully some of the SG girls can help you with that. Knowing what I know now, I wish the guarantee had been available to me. I am not sure if you can quit any time after all remaining frozens and still get all of your money back. It might be prorated, but I am not really sure. I am fairly certain that SG does do that.

Regardless of where you end up cycling, I think that most people that went with the guarantee really loved the peace of mind. Even if they did get pg on the first try, they said they would do the guarantee again, as it took so much of the edge off the cycle. And, I know that we have SG to thank for the whole concept of the guaranteed cycles. I am pretty sure they were the first to be doing it. ANd it became so successful that the rest of the clinics felt they needed to offer it to stay competitive. As far as the guarantee part of it all goes, I am pretty sure that SG was not only the first, but is a bit of a gold standard as far as how they do their guarantee part. I get the impression that the rest of the clinics now have to come up with at least something to compete/keep up.

And disclaimer, I am a bit biased towards RBA b/c I just love my RE and nurses there. Now, I don't think ALL things RBA are so perfect, but my RE, nurse and u/s tech make up for any other misgivings, and I'm not shy to complain to them, and then they have always fixed whatever the problem was.

HTH
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)