Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Sort of long (m/c, O/E pg, adoption, success ment)
    • karma (no login)
      Posted Jun 27, 2011 1:24 PM

Hi Macrita- I understand your fear as infertility comes as a shock to all of us, especially at your relatively young age.
      I do not have as much experience as some of the well versed ladies on this board, but wanted to say that some of this process is a leap of faith.
      Most of us would prefer to do some extensive, but fast research to rule out issues in advance of very costly procedures. On the other hand I find some clinics prefer to cycle first, ask questions later- naturally at the expense of the patient's resources.
      I ended up approaching my GP who is also an endocrinologist to run several panels after a OE spontaneous pg ended in m/c. Unfortunately, nothing was conclusive and after that we went ahead with our first DE round.
      I noticed you mentioned you were planning a shared risk cycle. My DH and I chose to do this too, as it felt like better bet and gave us some security. I have followed a few women on these boards through cycles and really noticed a lower amount of stress on some of the women who were involved in a guarantee or shared risk program (sorry if I seem like and advertisement at all...I am not). And when it came to our first round and initial BFN, while very sad, at least we felt we had 3 more shots and a guarantee at the end if we had to resort to Plan C, adoption for us.
      My DH and I have since been through our second DE attempt and happily find ourselves at 9 wks pg. My second round, while I hope you will not have to get to round two, was easier to approach and I tried to be less tense about the whole process and feel that may have attributed to my success. I guess it was the leap of faith and if all else failed, I could try yet again.
      I encourage you to have your RE or an endocrinologist run some tests. Try to get yourself in a calm place in your life. And because some of it is very much out of our control, when you do cycle- try to be as peaceful as possible.
      Now I hope some women who have more experience on the medical ins and outs of cycling can give you some input on pre-cycle testing!!
      Best to you!
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)