Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Sort of long (m/c, O/E pg, adoption, success ment)
    • karma (no login)
      Posted Jun 27, 2011 1:24 PM

Hi Macrita- I understand your fear as infertility comes as a shock to all of us, especially at your relatively young age.
      I do not have as much experience as some of the well versed ladies on this board, but wanted to say that some of this process is a leap of faith.
      Most of us would prefer to do some extensive, but fast research to rule out issues in advance of very costly procedures. On the other hand I find some clinics prefer to cycle first, ask questions later- naturally at the expense of the patient's resources.
      I ended up approaching my GP who is also an endocrinologist to run several panels after a OE spontaneous pg ended in m/c. Unfortunately, nothing was conclusive and after that we went ahead with our first DE round.
      I noticed you mentioned you were planning a shared risk cycle. My DH and I chose to do this too, as it felt like better bet and gave us some security. I have followed a few women on these boards through cycles and really noticed a lower amount of stress on some of the women who were involved in a guarantee or shared risk program (sorry if I seem like and advertisement at all...I am not). And when it came to our first round and initial BFN, while very sad, at least we felt we had 3 more shots and a guarantee at the end if we had to resort to Plan C, adoption for us.
      My DH and I have since been through our second DE attempt and happily find ourselves at 9 wks pg. My second round, while I hope you will not have to get to round two, was easier to approach and I tried to be less tense about the whole process and feel that may have attributed to my success. I guess it was the leap of faith and if all else failed, I could try yet again.
      I encourage you to have your RE or an endocrinologist run some tests. Try to get yourself in a calm place in your life. And because some of it is very much out of our control, when you do cycle- try to be as peaceful as possible.
      Now I hope some women who have more experience on the medical ins and outs of cycling can give you some input on pre-cycle testing!!
      Best to you!
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Your Email
    (Optional)
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options Enable formatted text (Huh?)
    Also send responses to my email address

Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement