Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Re: clinics in the Bay Area for DE?
    • Misty (Login MistyG)
      Posted Aug 9, 2011 12:21 AM

I just had success on my first round of DE IVF through Zouves Fertility Clinic just outside San Francisco. Look into their various cost programs - someone doing DE (or younger patients doing OE) can do a sort of guaranteed cycle. I think three tries are included for around 14K. But you have to have a BMI under 30 and the donor has to meet some criteria (can't remember the specifics but something like BMI under 25 and age 25 or under if unproven/28 if proven).

Also check the last three years' previous stats for these clinics. Any one year can be quite different for a clinic's average. Keep in mind, a good number of ZFC's patients are the ones who have already tried other places and failed. This describes me - UCSF failed me in a big way over countless IUI's and 2 IVFs all the while never telling me my FSH had repeatedly come back at 27-29 (7 times over 3 years!). Whenever I asked them how my FSH was, they said it was "fine" and were mum about the specifics. Ugh! We didn't find out until the records were transfered to Dr. Z. We spent over 75K for treatments that had less than 5% chance of ever working and they never even gave me the chance to assess that risk myself. If we had known that we would have moved to DE 3 years earlier!

Dr. Zouves is a last hope for many people, so I believe his numbers reflect that. His whole IVF process is a different world away from UCSF's. They do so many things UCSF would never even think of - plus he is really big into autoimmune testing. After 6 miscarriages in a row (before my FSH crept up that high), UCSF told me I'd have to have ONE MORE MISCARRIAGE before they would even consider giving me a prescription for heparin.

Zouves' testing found I was homozygous for MTHFR gene mutation (two copies), found I had natural killer cells, and also anti-throid antibodies. He's been a godsend to my DH and I.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Your Email
    (Optional)
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options Enable formatted text (Huh?)
    Also send responses to my email address

Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement