Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Thanks to all
    • TibetSupporter (Login TibetForever)
      Posted Aug 17, 2011 1:21 PM

Thank you to everyone who gave me advice.
      Our son has 4 different aunts. Two are real aunts. The third is his godmother. The fourth is his surrogate (TS) mother. All of them send the occasional birthday or Christmas gift and love hearing about him or from him. This good experience is what makes me want to do something similar this time around. The first photo in our baby album is of our TS, and our son knows that she was a special person who gave him up so I could have a baby. I realize an ED is more removed from the process than a TS, and may not want contact. It would be nice if our child, if we are successful, could have an extra person to love him or her. But I see from your advice that there are also risks involved. If I meet her and don't like her, do I cancel? Might she want more contact than I feel comfortable with later on in life? Our TS already have several children of her own, so there was less worry about attachment. If some day way in the future our prospective ED changes her mind and finds she can't have children for whatever reason, then maybe she will want a lot from us. Based on everyone's advice, I'm going to give this another think. I appreciate the frank opinions. Thanks again!
      TS
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Your Email
    (Optional)
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options Enable formatted text (Huh?)
    Also send responses to my email address

Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement