Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • my experience - fibroid (mc ment)
    • minniet (no login)
      Posted Sep 7, 2011 3:20 PM

Hi there:

I don't have any advice per se, but I can share what happened with me. I have had numerous OE cycles which resulted in chemicals and miscarriage before moving to DE. When we did DE, we had no implantation whatsoever.

At that time, I had had three hysterosalpingrams (saline sono), which showed a "small" fibroid.

I went to a new doctor, and he did a saline sono, and he was really torn, as he saw the fibroid, but thought it looked so small, it took him a long time to determine whether or not he wanted me to remove it. Finally, he said he wanted me to have it removed, which I did, this past Feb/March. Well -- when they went in with the hysteroscope while I was under anaesthesia, they found that the fibroid was much bigger than they thought (it was hidden), and they also found and removed a small septum.

I think this was a big part of my OE chemicals and miscarriage.

Anyway, I am thankful to have it removed before our next cycle, and hope it all works out.

This is not to scare you, as there is definitely no clear path for what to do about fibroids per se, but I do think it helps to have as many diagnostic tools at your disposal as possible.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement