Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Well, I would say it passes the preliminary sniff test . . .
    • Maggie in VA (Login maggie1961)
      Posted Dec 29, 2011 1:09 PM

Which is to say, I don't pull up a lot of posts from disgruntled patients on public IF forums or review sites. But I also don't see a lot of patient feedback at all. I'm not sure where you'd be most likely to find support sites/info for Mexican clinics. I did not find a thread in the fertilityfriends.co.uk forum on Mexico, though I did find a post from someone seeking information.

Now, that doesn't necessarily mean a lot: there are lots of members-only IF sites. Patients at Mexican clinics may not need the support networks that patients coming to the Czech Republic or Ukraine from North America and the UK require.

Anyway, one concern is security. When a woman posted recently to the Czech patient support site for the clinic I used asking about Mexico as an option, I opined that Guadalajara (New Hope) was a tourist destination and likely to be safe. Another member quickly chimed in that her husband husband did a video on the violence in Mexico for a client, and she said that Guadalajara is having problems with violence, including an advisory not to use the highway between Guadalajara and the airport after dark.

So, I would say, if you do it, be very careful. And I totally agree with everything Aufrecht says -- Ukraine would be another lower cost option for surrogacy -- but I would prefer to have references that weren't supplied by the clinic, you know?

GL!

Maggie (in VA)
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement