Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • For now, try some distancing and compartmentalization
    • minniet (no login)
      Posted Feb 14, 2012 4:20 PM

I have at various times, been stuck at jobs that are mentally draining. For now, you are right, you have a job with good benefits and you do not want to drop that. And I know nursing can be very tough.

Could you try some exercises on compartmentalizing? Also, I am using Dr. Thompson's active relaxation tapes daily to help with my major anxiety right now and it really does help. Maybe just listen to it for 30 minutes while you take your lunch break.

Mainly, try to see what most annoys you and put it in a box and do not allow yourself to ruminate on it. Begin making plans for your next life steps (including cycling) and whenever you start obsessing about what is making you anxious at work, think about proactive things you can do to get you toward your new life - planning out the cycle, exercise, deep breathing, etc.

It's not easy, I know.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement