Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Donor using Mirena - concerned
    • Mrs. H (no login)
      Posted Feb 15, 2012 11:16 AM

First of all, I would like to thank everyone who responded to me when I first joined this board about a month ago. I was so overwhelmed at the time, and it made me feel much better!
      Now, after months of poring over potential donors, my DH and I have selected one we felt really good about. However, when I spoke to our donor coordinator this morning, she informed me that the donor had recently had a Mirena IUD inserted. Now I'm back to feeling overwhelmed and concerned. Most clinics won't even let someone become a donor until two months after they have the Mirena device removed. This would obviously significantly impact our schedule, and I'm also concerned about the number/quality of eggs this donor will now produce as a result of the Mirena device. I also have to wonder why on earth a donor - and this one is experienced - would put in such an IUD when she knew people were actively considering using her as a donor.
      Help!

Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)