Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Well (DE twins ment)
    • Renata (Login doglvr)
      Posted Mar 23, 2012 1:14 PM

After several starts and stops with donors I thought were awesome and whose profiles made me cry, in the end at the age of 43 I just said, "Screw it. I'm looking for young and proven". Some "older" donors do well but I gave myself a cut-off of 25. I made a list of qualities and physical characteristics that were most important, let go of a lot, knew that this donor was responsible in terms of taking meds and showing up for appts., and got my boys out of that cycle (well, out of the frozen cycle from that same batch). I guess I just cut to the chase and made it more about reproductive success than about the donor herself. Do I wish I would have LOVED my donor? Yes. But who knows how long it would have taken to find everything I wanted in a very young, proven donor?

In the end, you really do have to search your heart and do what's best for you. But if I were you and could only afford one cycle, I wouldn't do a split cycle (you might not have any to freeze if the fresh fails) and I would pick young and proven. The clinic should be able to give you all the stats of her previous cycles as well (how many retrieved, how many fertilized, all that).
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Your Email
    (Optional)
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options Enable formatted text (Huh?)
    Also send responses to my email address

Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement