Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Beauty or Brains?
    • (Login Missy0809)
      Posted Mar 27, 2012 5:23 PM

Ok, my subject line is a play on words, but here is my real question. We are working with a clinic that does not have a ton of donors. We are trying to match the donor's physical features to me as closely as we can because we don't plan to tell anyone we used a donor. We were presented our first donor candidate last week and her physical traits don't match me (she is taller, different color eyes). But, her responses to the open-ended questions were great. She seems to be smart and have a good head on her shoulders, and I could see myself in some of her answers. I'm struggling with what is ultimately more important - someone who gives us a higher chance of having a child that looks like it came from me and my husband, or, someone who might give us a higher chance of a child with a good head on it's shoulders. Given the fact that this is our first option, we don't know if we should just go with her because we don't know when another option will come, or if we should be more patient and wait until the clinic finds a donor that more closely matches my physicalities. Obviously I know this is ultimately our decision but would love to hear others' opinions.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement